Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

The first doc appointment

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Going to the gyno was definitely a weird experience. I felt like I was 7 years old and I had accidentally walked down the "pink" section of the toy store. That place is supposed to be only for girls. But I'm so glad I was there for our first appointment. As a matter of fact, I plan to be there for as many as I can.


We found out a lot about our little poppy seed. Most importantly, she/he is healthy as an ox. We got to see a picture from the sonogram and it was amazing. It was almost like confirmation that this whole thing is really happening. It's no longer just a faint blue line on a stick, if you know what I mean.


Her heart is beating at 132 beats per minute, which I astutely pointed out is within the normal range at this point in her life (the website said it should be between 120 and 160 beats per minute).


She is about a quarter inch long and living inside a healthy uterus. Everything we're doing so far to insure that we have a healthy baby was confirmed as kosher by doctor Israel.


Our next appointment is scheduled for 4:30 PM on November 5th. Look for more updates then.

1 comments to The first doc appointment:

Unknown said...

teary eyed....

Post a Comment