Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

The Braxton Hick

Monday, March 8, 2010
Let me take you back a few days, 7 to be exact. I was walking through the parking lot at Target (surprise, surprise) when all of the sudden I felt the little man move into a position where I believed his head was about to bust through my left side. If I had been in the comfort of my own home, I would have lifted my shirt to make sure my stomach hadn't split open. I gently touched his (what I believed to be) head and gave it a rub.... I immediately called Michael to share in this new "movement". It really felt like my little man was screaming inside saying, "I'm done being in here! I'm ready to play!"

Later that evening, I felt it again but this time on the right. I quickly called for Michael to come and feel what I believed to be his butt....

Oh, how naive I am. My little 28 week old, size of a Chinese cabbage son is already outsmarting his "I've read every book and know everything about pregnancy" Mommy. I continued to feel this "feeling" throughout my 27th week - except there was no rhyme or reason to what body part was trying to escape. I'd feel it on my my upper left, then upper right, then back to the upper left, then dead in the center. What the HECK is he doing in there?!

I have obviously read about Braxton Hicks, but thought - it's too early for them. I still have 12 weeks to go. But after consulting with my cube neighbor at work (Thanks, Brandi!) who just had a baby girl last October, she confirmed that what I have been feeling is not his head or foot or butt trying to burst out of the womb, it's Braxton Hicks.

The combination of these Braxton Hicks, the feeling that Spring may be springing in the DC area & the fact that his furniture is 5 miles away at Great Beginnings ready to be delivered is making this all seem that much more real. If he decides to be a Memorial Day baby, I'm going to be a mother in 12 weeks from today. And I cannot wait.




1 comments to The Braxton Hick:

Lady Roadie said...

Aww I loved this post. He really will be here before you know it!!

Post a Comment