Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Does having a kid mean you get to be a kid again?

Saturday, March 13, 2010
While standing in the check out line at Borders last night, I glanced down and saw a copy of "The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room". Without hesitation, I grabbed the book and handed it to the cashier. After reading the book to Michael when we got home, I started thinking about all of the things I loved as a kid and wondered if kids these days were still as obsessed with them as I was.

Do kids still play with Care Bears? Transformers? Skip-its? What about playdoh? Flashlight tag? Candyland? Will Poppy get to enjoy He-man? Will he count down the days until Charlie Brown's Halloween is on ABC? Do these things still exist? Or will I be introduced to all new "kid-friendly" toys & shows?

Either way, I'm super excited to be a kid again with my son. There is nothing better than gathering your pillow, stuffed animals and blanket to grab a seat on the couch for Saturday morning cartoons, dumping four heaping spoonfuls of Nestle Chocolate Milk mix into a glass of milk and eating Eggo's with mounds of butter and syrup without a care in the world.

1 comments to Does having a kid mean you get to be a kid again?:

Eric said...

You can probably find all of that online somewhere...and probably lots of new fun stuff, too! I think playing music for our baby is what I'm most excited about so far. And having him/her grab my fingers :)

Post a Comment