Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Happy Birthday Carrie & Mitchell

Monday, December 14, 2009
I know our blog is about our journey to becoming parents, but I feel like I'm already a mom......just to two little kittuns. It took a LOT of convincing to get Michael to agree to bring cats into our home. After begging and pleading, we started our search. We quickly found out that it wasn't "kitten" season - we were looking in January, and the influx of kittens wouldn't be until May. Determined to extend our family, I continued our search. We finally found someone who had a brother and sister in West Virginia. The boy was nameless and the girl was named "Flower". Based off two pictures, we made our way to Frederick to pick up our new "kids". I immediately fell in love with these two.....


It's been a fun four years with Carrie Bradshaw & Mitchell Hedberg. Some of my fondest memories:

- Their first night in our home - we had dinner plans, so we spent a good 30 minutes barricading them into a small space because I read that letting them loose in your home could be too much at first. Mitchell cleared the 3 foot wall on his first try.

- Mitchell escaping our Rockville apartment, ultimately locking both of us out. I had to take him down to the lobby to get a spare key. That was the first and last time he's ever seen a dog. He ripped a couple of holes in my shirt and skin from clawing into me so deep, fearing for his life.

- (This isn't quite "fond", but I'll never forget it) Michael brought them home after their "big" surgery - Mitchell acted like nothing happened to him, encouraging Carebear to play. Carrie couldn't walk a step without falling over. It was really sad :(

- Watching them chase toys on the hard woods and sliding 4 feet because they couldn't grip the floor to stop themselves.

- Carrie's "rolls" - When she is happy, she'll walk up to you and collapse on her side and roll on her back. I'll know somethings wrong when she stops doing this.

- Their obsession with meme (if you don't know who meme is and are wondering, email me).

- Their first day in our new home. While it's a little bit bigger, it's pretty much the same....just more carpet to destroy.

- Their first overnight trip at Mom & Dad's - which was also their first time they've ever been up or down stairs!

- Their unconditional love. After the worst day, I come home to two kittuns who are ALWAYS happy to see me (it's probably because they know they are about to be fed)....but there's nothing like cuddling with them at night while I watch my girlie shows.

Happy 4th Birthday Carebear & Mitchell - you've caught up with Michael in human years....but you haven't caught me yet....You'll always be my baby shnookes.


0 comments to Happy Birthday Carrie & Mitchell:

Post a Comment