Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

From Anthropologie to Buy Buy Baby

Saturday, January 16, 2010
In the not so distant past, my idea of splurging was going to Anthropologie and blowing $100 on a handful of sale items. I'd love using my $25 savings cards at Ann Taylor Loft to get a new sweater. It's funny how all of the sudden it all changes. I don't know if it's the miniature cargo shorts, or the mini-Michael swim trunks, but I can't stop sifting through the racks at Carters, Gymboree & Baby Gap. While buying maternity clothes is fun, I'd much rather spend my time (and money) on baby clothes, toys & picking out things for the nursery.

Registering for your child is a LOT different than registering for your wedding. When registering for your home, you pretty much scan what you like. You could really go through the store with your eyes closed and scan away without regard. I guess the only thing you have to worry about is that everything matches (which REALLY isn't a requirement)....

Since this is our first kid, I'm happy to report I've done my homework. I consulted with friends that have little ones. I've read (and reread) "Baby Bargain" and even used post-it note tabs to mark off important information. I've had long discussions with the employees of Great Beginnings & Buy Buy Baby (my new 2 favorite stores) about the best crib and safest car seat. I'm proud to say, we've put together a pretty safe list of stuff for our little guy. And....found out that you can use those obnoxiously large Bed Bath & Beyond coupons at Buy Buy Baby before it expires! Score to saving 20% on a single item!!!

Thank you to all those moms out there who gave your advice. It is much appreciated....but don't think it'll stop now.... I still have a lot to learn.

And the first lesson I've learned, appropriately taught to me by my husband....stop buying him clothes. He's a boy....he'll be more interested in toys. My argument....he's going to look darn good playing with them.

1 comments to From Anthropologie to Buy Buy Baby:

Unknown said...

and he absolutely had to have that madras sunhat....

Post a Comment