Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Kleenex (with aloe), please...

Saturday, January 9, 2010
Before Wednesday, I hadn't really gotten emotional over the baby. I had one break down but I think it was a result of a bad day at work accompanied by the constant feeling of thinking I was going to throw up. I'm generally an emotional person - cry at the Biggest Loser, a sappy commercial, or when UNC wins a national championship.....so it was kind of shocking to me that I hadn't really shed any tears over the baby. When seeing our baby for the first time at 6 weeks, I was expecting the tears to flow. But nothing. When I heard the heartbeat, I was expecting to need tissues. But nothing.

Our appointment on Wednesday was a long one - they measured pretty much every inch of Poppy's body - head, belly, arm, legs. We saw the four chambers of Poppy's heart, a "beautiful" spine, diaphragm, & liver. After 20 minutes of measuring and receiving a good progress report, I was growing more and more impatient....Obviously, I'm thrilled to pieces that everything else was growing as expected, but I wanted to see one thing. Would we be painting the nursery pink or blue? Generally speaking, it's pretty easy to see which body part you are looking at on the big screen and I could tell the sonographer had moved down to lower half of Poppy's body. As soon as she pointed out one leg, Michael and I knew immediately that we were going to be proud parents of a little boy. He was not shy....

And finally, the tears started to flow.

1 comments to Kleenex (with aloe), please...:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to meet the my grandson! So fun shopping for newborn boys!

Post a Comment