Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

A day in the life of Levi David...

Sunday, June 13, 2010
Levi writes about a typical day....

12:01 am - I sleep soundly in this massive box in between these two white humps. It doesn't let me move around at night because Mommy and Daddy are afraid I'm going to roll over onto my face and not be able to roll back over (Steph here - we got him a sleep positioner - he actually likes to be on his side to sleep. This way, we know he's not able to roll onto his stomach). I also have noticed there is this fuzzy animal that watches over me all night long. I'm not sure if I like him so much. I feel like he should be able to make noise, or something (Steph here - this fuzzy creature is his Sleep Sheep (which Michael and I have named "Kevin" - don't ask) and can make noise - we have three choices: "mother's heartbeat", "rainforest" & "ocean". We haven't actually needed to use it because Levi falls asleep on his own pretty well).

Anywhere from 12:45 am - 4:30am - I get hungry and have to scream my head off until Mommy & Daddy come and get me. Geesh! It seems like they take a long time to get over to me.....I think I wake them up! Mommy and Daddy do a good job of getting me back to bed about 45 minutes after I wake them up. I'm typically still really tired and want to sleep more!

Anywhere from 5:30 am - 9:00 am - I'm awake again and wanting more food. Sometimes after I eat, I go right back to sleep. Sometimes I stay awake and look around because I'm starting to be able to see things that are close to my face.

10am - all of this work is exhausting - back to sleep for me!

11am - ugh - just when I was getting to the good part of the dream, M&D wake me up to eat again. After I stretch for about 10 minutes, I realize I was hungry and am happy that Mommy & Daddy woke me up!

This sleep/eating pattern goes on for the next 8 hours or so...it's so hard being me! I'm drinking lots of Mommy's milk - just about 2.5 ounces every two hours. It's so yummy and is making me grow big and strong. On my 3 week birthday (6.13.10), my weight was up to 8 pounds, 5 ounces. Mommy & Daddy were VERY excited about this.

M&D tell me all the time that I have a good plumbing system. I really don't like when they change the cloth-like thing that covers my bottom half....so sometimes I decide to pee when that thing is off. Sometimes I get it on Mom & Dad, which is my goal...Take that! Unfortunately, I do hit myself on the head quite often.....I'm sure I'll get better aim when I get older.

By the time it turns real dark outside (around 8pm), I'm ready to go back into the big massive box to start dreaming again. Daddy does a really good job of wrapping me up tight in blankets so it feels like I'm still in Mommy's tummy. I love when he does this. It makes me feel like I'm at home.

Things are going really well so far. I love my Mommy & Daddy - I can tell they love me a lot, too!

Here are some recent pictures of me!




1 comments to A day in the life of Levi David...:

Unknown said...

What a life you have and what wonderful parents you have.

Post a Comment