Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Expect the unexpected

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I think when any woman finds the man of her dreams, one of the criteria for an amazing husband is how they will be as a father. Can you picture yourself raising children with this person? Will he be a fun, cool dad with the ability to lay down the law when needed? There was no question in my mind that Michael was going to be a good father. He works with kids every day. When he reads a story, he does voices for the different characters. His general concern for Amy's (his younger sister) well-being could have been viewed as over-protective but really he just wanted to her to be safe and happy. If he felt this strong about his sister, I could only imagine how he'd feel about his own children.

The title of this post shouldn't suggest to you that I was doubting Michael's ability to be a dad. Any expectation that I had of Michael as a father - he's far exceeded. In the 13 days since Levi has arrived, Michael has not only been a rock for me (I've been an emotional mess) but he's been amazing with Levi. Watching the two of them interact makes my heart smile.

Michael, I love you with all my heart. Levi is one lucky kid to have you as his Daddy.

0 comments to Expect the unexpected:

Post a Comment