Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Dealing.

Saturday, August 28, 2010
I preface this post knowing that Levi is a healthy baby boy and I know there are babies out there that are far less fortunate than he is. When I'm having a hard time dealing with his snowboard, I try and think about those who don't have it as easy as we do.

That being said - it doesn't make my day-to-day any easier. Yes, I know this will pass. Yes, I know that Levi won't remember a thing. Yes, I know that all this hard work will result in perfect feet. But it's hard to keep my eyes on the prize when Levi can't soothe himself back to sleep in the middle of the night. When his foot slips half way out of his shoe and causes him discomfort. When he can't kick his left foot independently from his right and screams in frustration. When it's obvious he's unhappy with the snowboard on because when we take it off it's instant calm, coos and smiles. While the day-to-day is hard for me and sometimes Levi (he's starting to have more fun with the bar - see previous post), I do have to keep in the back of my head that it is working and all of the words of encouragement from friends and family.

Here is a picture of Levi on our way to his first doctor's appointment. He is five days old.

Here is Levi (day 97) coming home from Michael's first scrimmage (he's the JV Soccer coach at QO - Go Cougars!).

Important to note - Levi is sleeping in both pictures. At Day 5 (and many days after that), he pulled his feet in and held them there for comfort. You'll see at Day 97 - he's comfortable with them sitting in the "correct" position. Huge progress. Huge.


1 comments to Dealing.:

Unknown said...

Oh wow. His feet look great! Wonderful job you two. Levi is blessed. :)

Post a Comment