Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

It's a trip, not a vacation....

Tuesday, August 3, 2010
were the last words I heard as I left my Baby and me class last week..... I beg to differ....

Levi's first vacation to the beach was a huge success! We packed our car full of the essentials: clothes, diapers, wipes, strollers, bathing suits, pack and play, bouncy seat, activity mat, golf clubs, diaper bags, books, and a bathtub. You name it. We had it. Levi was snug as a bug in a rug as we left my parents house early Sunday morning....

We left an empty seat in the back to keep Levi company if he needed it....which he did (ok, maybe he didn't, but I felt bad for him sitting back there for so long staring at nothing). One of us was back there pretty much the entire way down to the OBX. But generally speaking, Levi did a FANTASTIC job - he slept the majority of the way!

We arrived at "Our Fant-a-sea" (our house which we renamed the Bomb Diggity) and were blown away. Eric and I grew up going to OCMD every summer - a place full of people, people and MORE people. Every square inch of OCMD is built up - whether it be a Sunsations, a Putt-Putt course or an apartment building. Don't get me wrong, I love OCMD and all the memories, but bringing two infants to the crazy world of the eastern shore just didn't seem like our cup-of-tea. I had heard if you wanted to really relax, head to the Outer Banks. And so we did, and boy did we relax.

Bomb Diggity was HUGE - each sub-unit of our family had their own floor. The house was within the community of the Pine Islands - which offered a pool, tennis courts, a fitness center and beach access (which was only a 3 minute walk away). Each day, we loaded up the BOB stroller and headed down to the sand. Levi was definitely skeptical of being outside for so long every day, but he seemed to adjust each day to being out in the sun (obviously we had him under umbrellas!)

We all had an amazing time on our first vacation to the Outer Banks. Can't wait to do it again!

Here are some of my favorite pics....

Levi and Daddy passed out on the beach....

Family picture!

First swim in a pool...

The boys passed out on the beach....

Erika & Isaac swimming in the pool...

My Mommy & Daddy!

Eric & Isaac

Isaac is one cool dude

So adorable...

No caption needed.

Bye Bye Outer Banks - we'll be seeing you again - no doubt about it.

0 comments to It's a trip, not a vacation....:

Post a Comment