Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

A giggle and a roll....

Tuesday, August 3, 2010
After 5 consecutive nights of sleeping from 9pm to either 5am or 6am, Levi broke his habit. Last night the little guy was up at 1am for over an hour and up for the day at 5:30 am. Maybe one day Michael and I will learn that going to bed at 11:45pm isn't very smart when you have a newborn who doesn't have a regular sleep pattern. Sigh....

Levi is always super fun in the morning. Not that he isn't at night - but he is just a happy happy camper when the day starts. So this morning I was playing games with him to get him to crack a smile, when low and behold the familiar "I stick my tongue out at you and hope you mimic me" game turned funny. I heard the sweet sound of my baby boy laughing....

While beaming with excitement, I decided since Levi was in such a good mood, I'd put him on his tummy for tummy time. After holding his head up for what probably seemed like an eternity to him, Levi put his head face down on the mat, buried his shoulder and ROLLED from his tummy to his back. I'm not sure if his own amazement or me shrieking that made him look like he was a deer in headlights once he landed on his back. We tried to make him do it again for Michael to see, but no such luck.....

It's amazing to me that I caught both of these milestones in the same morning. Here's to a lifetime of laughs (and rolls from stomach to back???)!

0 comments to A giggle and a roll....:

Post a Comment